Win your design brought to life!
Enter by 5th April 2019
This competition is open to all City of Edinburgh Council schools and nurseries. We want learners to think about the places they learn and how they can make changes to that place to improve inclusivity, wellbeing, teaching and learning. We want your creative ideas to influence our future school designs!
- The Future Schools Project Award will go to one overall winner.
- We will create, install, or implement the winning design or solution in the winning school.
- There will be two runner-up prizes for learning environment improvements.
- Develop learners’ awareness of their environment and their own learning preferences.
- Raise awareness of the impact a learning environment and the way it is used can have on different learners.
- Give learners’ a say on what a good learning environment looks and feels like so we can use this to inspire future classroom designs.
- Promote collaborative learning.
- Share ideas for learning environment design across all our establishments.
Overview of the competition
The competition has 2 stages.
For Stage 1 you need to send your submission by 5th April 2019.
Stage 1: Tell us a story
- Schools and nurseries produce a story following the set brief and submit it to us by 5 April 2019 using the guidelines on how to enter.
- A panel of City of Edinburgh Council officers and designers will review all the entries.
- Using the judging criteria, the panel will select five entries to continue to Stage 2.
- We will publish the five finalists’ stories on our website FutureSchoolsEdinburgh.com and our Twitter feed @FutureSchoolsEd on 3 May 2019.
Stage 2: Design your learning space
- The finalists from Stage 1 will be invited to develop their story into a design for a learning space.
- Further details of Stage 2 will be provided after the finalists are announced.
- The designs developed in Stage 2 will go on display at the national Education Buildings Conference on 27-28 November 2019 where the overall winner will be announced.